Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button
Stumbleupon button

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/skott/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

Skott N Shawna Leavin’ On A Friday

Leaving Rawlco with a cardboard box full of plaques, business cards and a yodelling pickle, I realized we were one step closer to getting on that plane to begin the journey.

Friday was our last day of work.

Obviously, we are thrilled to finally have the next two and a half weeks to put all the final details into place….. there is more than enough to keep us busy, but it was admittedly a little sad for us to be walking down the hallway for the final time.

I have been there for seven years. Shawna has been there for three. In that time we have created strong friendships with our employers, colleagues, and clients. We have grown incredibly as professionals, and I would like to think, been relatively successful at it as well.

Our job was not a typical office job, nor was it a typical sales job…there really wasn’t much “typical” about it.

It truly was, and is, “a great gig”.

But, with us closing this door, we do open another one…. and let me tell you, we are “pee your pants” excited about that.

Thanks Rawlco – catch you on the flippity flip!

Oh yeah, check out our Rawlco Goodbye Song…not totally G-rated, but absolutely hilarious….we could not have asked for a better sendoff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to “Skott N Shawna Leavin’ On A Friday”

1. Jaime May 30, 2011 at 2:30 am #

Oh wow congrats on a huge step to reach your dream!!! Even though for me I couldn’t wait and quit my job I had the same feelings y’all did. I worked at that place for 6 years and built so many amazing friendships & it was very hard to say good bye. I know every once in a while I think about them but I sure as hell don’t miss my job at all. Good luck on whatever else y’all have left to get done in the 2.5wks. Time is going to fly by so fast so soak it all up!!!

CHEERS TOO “PEE YOUR PANTS EXCITED” <<=== THATS HOW Y'ALL SHOULD FEEL!!!
    Jaime recently posted..Photo Round Up – Week 13

• Skott May 30, 2011 at 3:28 am #

Thanks Jaime! There is no doubt we definitely did enjoy our careers, while we were there…we were very fortunate. But like them or not, resigning was something that was necessary for us to do in order to move forward to the next stage of our lives…

2. jill May 30, 2011 at 3:51 am #

Congrats you guys! I tried to remember the day we quit our jobs — it seems like a long time ago but I still remember how excited/anxious I was. Big step to a big adventure.

P.S. Good job on the fixing the rss-feed :)
    jill recently posted..The Wonderful Things We Love About Salento

• Skott June 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

Thanks Jill!!! All our time is now dedicated to knocking things off our to do list…. it does seem kind of weird not putting on my suit in the middle of the weekday, but I think I can get used to it!

3. Erica May 30, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

This is the best part! The last “walk of shame” as you leave the building is such an exciting feeling!
    Erica recently posted..Knitted Nomads scale Volcan Paricutin

• Skott June 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

In our case there was definitely excitement, but even a bit of sadness…. strangely enough…God, can you imagine being at a job you actually like!! :) But indeed it is kind of that “no going back” step – YES!!

4. Megan June 1, 2011 at 9:01 am #

Congratulations :) I’ve been doing contract work since I got back to Sydney and when I finished up last week I didn’t even wait until I was out of sight of the building to do the “so freaking excited happy dance”. :D

Next up: your big adventure!
    Megan recently posted..Things I liked in May and you might- too

• Skott June 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

I wonder if the “so freakin excited happy dance” is anything like the “pee our pants excited dance”? It sounds like there would be similarities!!