Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button
Stumbleupon button

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/skott/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

RTW Prep Boot Camp

Here in Regina staying fit has always been mandatory because I teach a spin class 3x a week (think indoor cycling). Even if I don’t really feel like working out, I have at least 10-20 people showing up on bikes, expecting me to take them through a grueling work out.

These eager participants always made me accountable to my work out regime.

Now I have a new challenge ahead.

I will not have any participants to make me feel obligated to work out, so I have to be accountable to me…and perhaps to you!

If you’re looking to stay fit on the road, feel free to follow along with me.

I’m currently working with a personal training who is teaching me strength training exercises that are all based on body weight and require no equipment except for the odd use of a resistance band and skipping rope.

This is my RTW Prep Boot Camp.

Once on the road (June 18th) I plan to have a new workout posted each week as well as some motivating thoughts…like marathons in South Africa or athletes that I bump into during our travels.

The more the merrier…so let me know if you’re following along and pass on any workouts that you’ve enjoyed while on the road!! I already stumbled on a great piece about Travel and Exercise…check it out.

Stayed tuned to stay fit!

Shawna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 Responses to “RTW Prep Boot Camp”

1. Mike Lenzen | Traveled Earth April 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Great idea. I’d appreciate a light weight shopping list so I can get the gear I’ll need to follow along. I’m in the same boat, no karate class = a greater need for self motivation.
    Mike Lenzen | Traveled Earth recently posted..Our Itinerary Released

• Shawna April 27, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

Thanks Mike! Motivation is contagious so as long as we get a crew of people together we can cheer each other on a little!! If I slack off, you have my permission to get on my case ; ) So all you need is a resistance band that feels challenging to you when you stand up on the rope, put your hands out at the sides of your head and with the band handles in your hands, lift above your head. Then a skipping rope. That’s it, that’s all!

2. megan April 28, 2011 at 10:10 am #

you teach spin class? Wow, I’m in awe…you must have some serious leg muscles :D What on earth do you need to train MORE for?! :)

I’m definitely keen for some exercise ideas…I ended up fairly fit when I finished my RTW trip, but in the few months I’ve been home I really haven’t been very active. There’s only a month and a bit til I have to carry my backpack again in South America and I’m getting a bit nervous that I’m going to find it hard going!

• Shawna April 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

Yep, I have a healthy set of cycling thunder thighs! That’s super exciting that you’re going to be on the road again soon. Sounds like you leave close to the same time as us? We fly out on June 18th. I’ll get the first workout up for this week so that you can start your prep for SA. Where’s the first stop?

3. Bluegreen Kirk April 28, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

You said the best statement for the beginning which was being accountable for yourself. If you can do that then you will have no problems. Plus you have us to nag you about the weekly workout posts as well.
    Bluegreen Kirk recently posted..Steal A Page From Miami Vice With a South Beach Getaway

• Shawna April 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

Absolutely! Thanks for the support Kirk! Are you in South Beach right now? If so I’m jealous!!