Rss Feed
Tweeter button
Facebook button
Stumbleupon button

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/skott/public_html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

Romance and Running?? in Casablanca

As Skott and I get closer and closer to the halfway mark for the Camino de Santiago, we thought we would interrupt our Camino posts with a short & exciting announcement of a new challenge we’ll be taking on in October.

For the last few years, Skott and I have participated in the half marathon in Regina’s Queen City Marathon. For me this is always a fabulous start to the fall. I love the camaraderie amongst all the runners, volunteers and spectators; I enjoy the physical challenge; and I always look forward to the greasy, guilt-free brunch afterwards.

Many of our wonderful family and friends will be taking part in this once again this year & we wish them the very best!

We figured the next best thing to running alongside everyone in Regina was to find a new fall half marathon that we could take part in. We had already planned to be making our way to Morocco in the fall so the timing worked out for us to sign up for the Grand Marathon International de Casablanca.

We were lucky enough to find a group from the UK that are planning to go down for this race so we registered through them and hopefully we can even hook up with them for their pre-race Pasta Party (oh yes, we specifically requested an invite).

Now we hope that we can stay healthy and pamper our feet throughout the rest of the Camino so that we’ll be ready to race on October 23rd!

In the meantime, if you have any ideas about a cool city or neighbourhood where we should rent an apartment in Morocco for September-October, we’d love to hear about it!

Here’s lookin’ at you kid ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags:

8 Responses to “Romance and Running?? in Casablanca”

1. Jaime August 26, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

1st off loving y’alls camino post… that is so amazing.
    Now ummm I think we def need to meet up at some point. I am heading to Spain tomorrow and I know I will be spending the next month or so there and Morocco. So I think at some point our paths should def cross or we can make them cross.
    Jaime recently posted..Photo Round Up – Week 26

• Skott and Shawna August 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

Thanks Jaime – much appreciated!!
      It would be awesome to catch up with you….the easiest way of course would be for you to start the Camino, and then skip the first 20 days to meet us where we are right now, in Leon… :) , but if that doesn’t work, hopefully we can figure something else out! We will be in Spain for the next 3 weeks or so, before heading down to Morocco, where we hope to finally find a place to settle for a month or so…Seriously though, if you have the time….. I would really look into the Camino. It has been an incredible challenge, mental and physical, for both of us….we take you to be a soul-searching kind-o-guy….I think you would love it!

• Jaime August 30, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

I think we are going to have better chances of crossing path in Morocco than Spain. I am going to be in Morocco in a week and half and plan to spend 3-4weeks there so I am sure we can make it work. Casablanca is I think my last place to visit so we should, but we’ll stay in touch as the time nears!
        Jaime recently posted..Bad boy in Berlin.

• Skott September 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Keep us posted Jaime – we will definitely see if we can make that work!

2. Lusso Bags September 17, 2011 at 1:45 am #

Way to challenge yourselves all over again. Awesome marathon (and pasta party :) )

• Skott September 18, 2011 at 1:37 am #

Oh, we are looking forward to it!! And yes, will definitely be ‘carbing up’…no worries there!!

3. Lusso Bags September 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

pretty amazing the positive impact a carb load can have on the race.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. She Kicked My Ass in Casablanca | Get Up and Globe - October 25, 2011

[...] comes and goes…..STILL no break??!?!It is official. I’ve been deceived. So much for romance and running.My vision of Shawna and I crossing the finish line of our first international half marathon, [...]