On June 9th I was elated to head to the airport for our third set of visitors on this RTW adventure-my parents!! I couldn’t believe that it had been a year since we said goodbye to them in the Kelowna Airport. The plan was to explore as much of Panama as we possible could for [...]
So it has been a wee while since we talked dollars and cents…or baht, or dirhams, or whatever currency we have been dabbling in most recently. Yikes, we haven’t posted anything since Vietnam and that was February!! But here we are again, time for a budgetary check-up and this round we are working with the [...]
It’s hard to believe that as of Sunday, June 17th we have been on the road traveling for an entire year. On one hand it doesn’t seem that long ago that we were in England tasting cream tea and visiting little Sophie and my Uncle Rob and Aunt Jennie in The Isle of White. On [...]
From the very beginning of our RTW adventure we believed that when we had the opportunity to live in one place for awhile that time would slow down for us, but honestly our month+ here in San Pedro, Guatemala has past by quicker than any other. It isn’t supposed to work that way, is it? [...]
“Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” On Saturday Skott and I woke up just before 6am in order to catch the first boat taking the 30 minute ride over to our neighbouring town, Panajachel. Earlier in the month we had seen advertisements for the very first Lake Atitlan Half [...]
And just like that we were on a plane leaving Bangkok and the rest of the Asian continent behind. Saying goodbye to beaches, Bali, Buddhists, and banana pancakes was not an easy thing to do…. we have a ton of great memories from this part of the world, but for both Shawna and I, we [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)