We came to Cali, Colombia with one purpose in mind, and that was to learn to salsa. Except I am going to use the word “learn” very loosely. We recognized that as two awkward Caucasians utterly void of rhythm, this was going to be a challenge. Maybe a more appropriate verb would be ‘struggle’. Yes, [...]
Without a doubt Cali, Colombia has completely blown us away. As some of you know, we are here learning how to salsa dance…and soon I hope to report that our moves are of the hot & spicy variety to which I’m referring to in this blog. However, we took a night off from trying to [...]
WOW! We finally made it…we are in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam!! And thus commences our tour of South East Asia. We are looking forward to the food, the drink, the people, the beaches, the cost-effectiveness, the pagodas, the buddhas, the shopping, but most importantly we are looking forward to our upcoming visitors! My [...]
We haven’t done a budget update since Shawna and I left Morocco, so it is time to give a quick big picture summary, as well as a little more detail of where we spent the last six weeks of 2011 – Ghana! As you know by now, our goal is to see whether we can [...]
We have just heard that The Way will be opening in Canada November 11th for most cities. This is a movie that we are so excited to see, and are hoping that you will check it out too…wherever you are! This is the story of a father and son and their experiences along the Camino [...]
Just a few days after we decided to take the jump and start working on our round the world journey, the Young Artist For Haiti video was launched. When we saw this video we really became inspired, not necessarily to travel, but to lend a hand and volunteer while we were travelling. There is no [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)