Today is our last day in Canada. After tearful goodbyes at the airport saying goodbye to Shawna’s sister, grandparents, and my entire family we left for Vernon, BC to spend the last few days with Shawna’s mom and dad, Guy and Maureen. As we type we are back in the Calgary airport and then we [...]
I cannot believe we are actually doing this!!! We are soooo close to getting on a plane, and initiating this “master plan” which we have been dreaming about since last February. This weekend we attended three good-bye parties, and we were very honoured that so many people came out to say adios! (thank you to [...]
Leaving Rawlco with a cardboard box full of plaques, business cards and a yodelling pickle, I realized we were one step closer to getting on that plane to begin the journey. Friday was our last day of work. Obviously, we are thrilled to finally have the next two and a half weeks to put all [...]
After much deliberation…particularly on Skott’s part, we have chosen our backpacks which will carry all of our worldly belongings for the next 12-15 months. In selecting our bags we had a wishlist based on some research we did on other RTW blogs. The three main must-haves for our new “homes” were as follows: 1. Must [...]
If you plan on going around the world, you had better not be afraid of needles! Shawna and I have been poked and prodded with so many vaccines over the past months, that I keep telling people I am nearly immortal….and it just might be true. However, even if I am not officially eternal, these [...]
This post is for ladies only, so guys, mosey along. Ladies, are we alone? Okay, I’ve been dying to discuss a few things with my fellow female travelers. To make things easy, I’ve numbered these burning topics below, starting with what I consider to be most pressing as we quickly approach the one month countdown. [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)