It took her 285 days, but Shawna has finally come to her senses and decided to leave me behind in Thailand. At least for a little while… We have spent most of March exploring Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and the beaches of Southern Thailand with Shawna’s sister Carly, and her friend Marissa. From elephant rides to [...]
On April 17, 1975, Cambodia emerged from five years of invasion, bombardment, and civil war when its capital, Phnom Penh, fell to the guerrilla armies known as the Khmer Rouge which had been besieging it since the beginning of the year. The city’s population included over one million refugees, driven from their homes in rural [...]
Mom and Dad have now packed their bags and headed back to sunny Saskatchewan! It was an amazing four weeks full of adventures, and Shawna and I couldn’t have been happier that they came to spend their winter vacation with us. Here are a few reasons why: 1) A Different Perspective It took about a [...]
We’ve spent over a month in Vietnam, traipsing through this country from one end to the other and back again. During our time here we’ve seen some amazing sites, including Halong Bay and the Mekong Delta but we’ve also been lucky enough to simply observe everyday life. The more I’ve watched my neighbours in our [...]
Israel is a country with a lot going for it. We would go back there in a heartbeat – it was such an incredible place. But it is also important to know, that underneath all of the positives there is a very big issue here: The Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which has been taking place since the [...]
Alright, so we have a decision to make….and we sure could use your help. Whether or not you were able to be a part of our wedding, 16 short months ago, you probably remember what a production we made about determining what our honeymoon location would be. Heck we even went on CBC radio to [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)