Well it took us thirty-five days of walking, and Shawna and I are well aware of the impact the Camino had on our minds and bodies, but the more important question of course… how much did it dig into our budget?! Our hope is to prove that as a couple, we can travel the world [...]
After 35 days of walking, we have finally done it! We have completed our Camino de Santiago pilgrimage! We have just finished walking for 10% of the year!! Finishing on Saturday was amazing, as this was the goal we had set for ourselves the week prior. It involved us walking 40kms more than we had [...]
This seems to be our unwritten rule for the Camino….when we walk, we walk at a pretty good pace. Usually around 5 kms/hr, but I swear we have gone as fast as 6 kms/hr when we were feeling real motivated. I know, it doesn’t sound fast, but trust us, we think we are pretty speedy. [...]
Wow – three weeks into our Camino, and what an experience…it continues to test us, challenge us, and sometimes push us to the brink…but at the same time it has rewarded us immensely. We passed the halfway mark this week! Ah, yes the number of kilometers ‘to go’ are now smaller than the kilometers we [...]
Week two of our Camino de Santiago is in the books, and we are both still alive! We are over one third completed one third of our journey from a kilometre perspective, This week, knowing that 20 or so kms each day was something that was very attainable, we decided to set out to see [...]
Whoever thought that when we were planning our RTW trip that one of the most challenging things we would have to do is …well…WALK! We have put on 7 days and 145 kms to date. There have been ups and downs, but for the most part, we believe this will be one of the greatest [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)