From the very beginning of our RTW adventure we believed that when we had the opportunity to live in one place for awhile that time would slow down for us, but honestly our month+ here in San Pedro, Guatemala has past by quicker than any other. It isn’t supposed to work that way, is it? [...]
Alright gentlemen, hypothetical question for you: your wife and her sister leave you in Thailand by yourself for three weeks as they have a little sisterly bonding time in Indonesia. The first thing you do is… 1) Head straight to the island of Koh Tao and enroll in a scuba-diving course 2) Take the train [...]
It was quite the journey for Skott and I and his parents to get up to Hanoi (check out Skott’s blog for details) but we knew it would be worth it once we left the shores of Northern Vietnam for a 3 day cruise in Ha Long Bay. Nearly everyone who ventures to Ha Long [...]
This is a long post, because this was a LONG trip…grab a drink because WOW did we need one when we got through this adventure!! The Background: Since loosely developing our itinerary for this RTW trip we have always planned to visit Ghana. It is special to us because I lived and worked there for [...]
Well it took us thirty-five days of walking, and Shawna and I are well aware of the impact the Camino had on our minds and bodies, but the more important question of course… how much did it dig into our budget?! Our hope is to prove that as a couple, we can travel the world [...]
After 35 days of walking, we have finally done it! We have completed our Camino de Santiago pilgrimage! We have just finished walking for 10% of the year!! Finishing on Saturday was amazing, as this was the goal we had set for ourselves the week prior. It involved us walking 40kms more than we had [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)