Although our time in Jordan was short (a mere 10 days), we were able to experience a lot while we were there… we floated in the Dead Sea (and spoiled ourselves at the Movenpick Resort), we went to the Feynan Ecolodge (and spoiled ourselves again!), and we toured the lost city of Petra. And when [...]
To catch you up really quickly, our three weeks in Tamale went by really fast! As you saw from our first Tamale post, our volunteer task at Creating Change Now was to paint a school in a small village called Tua. We fell in love with the kids there and it was almost impossible not [...]
I always think that exploring the foods in different countries is imperative to experiencing the culture. Every place has a different sense of “good food”…a different way of mixing local ingredients to create what they consider a gastronomical masterpiece. We found that with Morocco’s abundance of spices, fresh fruit and vegetables that there were plenty [...]
Skott and I took a liking to Meknes as soon as we arrived. It is a lively city, which I was eager for after several days of intense chillin’ in Chefchaouen, but still several notches calmer than it’s crazy next-door neighbour, Fes. We arrived as the sun was setting so it worked out well [...]
PART ONE-CALM When Skott and I were preparing for Morocco, we expected much more chaos and sensory overload than we had experienced during the European leg of our travels. We were ready for anything when we got off the plane in Tangier…but the airport was eerily quiet. We grabbed our bags and made arrangements with [...]
July 24th-Riva Del Garda Rest Day!! 0 km Admittedly, there was a bit of over jubilation (perhaps more on my part) on the eve of my birthday so July 24th was a quiet day. It’s nice to have those once in a while anyways. I had decided that for my birthday I would splurge and [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)