We came to Cali, Colombia with one purpose in mind, and that was to learn to salsa. Except I am going to use the word “learn” very loosely. We recognized that as two awkward Caucasians utterly void of rhythm, this was going to be a challenge. Maybe a more appropriate verb would be ‘struggle’. Yes, [...]
“Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” On Saturday Skott and I woke up just before 6am in order to catch the first boat taking the 30 minute ride over to our neighbouring town, Panajachel. Earlier in the month we had seen advertisements for the very first Lake Atitlan Half [...]
We’ve spent over a month in Vietnam, traipsing through this country from one end to the other and back again. During our time here we’ve seen some amazing sites, including Halong Bay and the Mekong Delta but we’ve also been lucky enough to simply observe everyday life. The more I’ve watched my neighbours in our [...]
Although our time in Jordan was short (a mere 10 days), we were able to experience a lot while we were there… we floated in the Dead Sea (and spoiled ourselves at the Movenpick Resort), we went to the Feynan Ecolodge (and spoiled ourselves again!), and we toured the lost city of Petra. And when [...]
As Skott and I get closer and closer to the halfway mark for the Camino de Santiago, we thought we would interrupt our Camino posts with a short & exciting announcement of a new challenge we’ll be taking on in October. For the last few years, Skott and I have participated in the half marathon [...]
We definitely have to catch up on a few more posts…our time in Narbonne, as well perhaps, on our brief stop at the Atlantic coastal town of Anglet, France. We did however want to be sure that we jumped to “real time” for a moment to talk about our next adventure: The Camino de [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)