Before heading off to Rabat from Meknes to sort out our Mauritanian Visa situation, we wanted to take a quick trip out to Moulay Idriss and Volubilis. Moulay Idriss is a town which is named after one of the most honoured saints in all of Morocco, who also happens to be the creator of the [...]
Skott and I took a liking to Meknes as soon as we arrived. It is a lively city, which I was eager for after several days of intense chillin’ in Chefchaouen, but still several notches calmer than it’s crazy next-door neighbour, Fes. We arrived as the sun was setting so it worked out well [...]
Seriously, am I the only person that remembers this song? Anyways, enough Tone Loc – let’s move on! In Morocco, Medinas refer to the Arabic part of the city. To the best of my knowledge, basically every city will have a Medina and a Ville Nouvelle which is the newer, French part of the city. [...]
PART TWO-CHAOS As we moved on from Tangier to Fes, our guidebook warned “even if you felt you were getting to grips with Moroccan cities, Fes is bewildering”. This is precisely why we chose this city as our second destination in Morocco…in fact, we were considering slowing down a little and staying in what is [...]
PART ONE-CALM When Skott and I were preparing for Morocco, we expected much more chaos and sensory overload than we had experienced during the European leg of our travels. We were ready for anything when we got off the plane in Tangier…but the airport was eerily quiet. We grabbed our bags and made arrangements with [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)