This is a long post, because this was a LONG trip…grab a drink because WOW did we need one when we got through this adventure!! The Background: Since loosely developing our itinerary for this RTW trip we have always planned to visit Ghana. It is special to us because I lived and worked there for [...]
It was an amazing six and a half weeks, but sadly we had to move on, leaving Morocco and heading south. There is no doubt that we were overwhelmed by Morocco and its culture. The food, the mosques, the riads, the camels, and the Sahara…but the more important question is… Were we over budget? As [...]
No…we didn’t meet the King of Morocco. Actually what I am referring to is the treatment Shawna and I received during the time we spent in the country’s “Red City”, Marrakech. The starting point for most Sahara Desert tours and near the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, Marrakech was to be the place where we [...]
I always think that exploring the foods in different countries is imperative to experiencing the culture. Every place has a different sense of “good food”…a different way of mixing local ingredients to create what they consider a gastronomical masterpiece. We found that with Morocco’s abundance of spices, fresh fruit and vegetables that there were plenty [...]
“It’s just a fun run. Let’s just make sure we enjoy it.” “We run for twelve minutes – one minute break. Run for twelve. Walk for one. Takin’ it easy.” These were the lines she fed me in the weeks leading up to the Casablanca Half Marathon which we had been training for since [...]
I have to admit, I’ve never thought of the desert as being beautiful.When I envision paradise, I think of aqua blue ocean waters with a pristine, white sand beach. Or maybe fresh snow on a cross country ski trail in a BC forest. And then we found the Sahara… Skott and I booked our desert [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)