So it has been a wee while since we talked dollars and cents…or baht, or dirhams, or whatever currency we have been dabbling in most recently. Yikes, we haven’t posted anything since Vietnam and that was February!! But here we are again, time for a budgetary check-up and this round we are working with the [...]
We finally make it to South East Asia…. backpacker paradise when it comes to living on the cheap, cheap, cheap! You can live in SEA for pennies a day (or so) – it is ridiculous!! But wait…. how is it then, that our average daily spend has actually gone up!??! It’s true, ever since Ghana [...]
We haven’t done a budget update since Shawna and I left Morocco, so it is time to give a quick big picture summary, as well as a little more detail of where we spent the last six weeks of 2011 – Ghana! As you know by now, our goal is to see whether we can [...]
It was an amazing six and a half weeks, but sadly we had to move on, leaving Morocco and heading south. There is no doubt that we were overwhelmed by Morocco and its culture. The food, the mosques, the riads, the camels, and the Sahara…but the more important question is… Were we over budget? As [...]
Well it took us thirty-five days of walking, and Shawna and I are well aware of the impact the Camino had on our minds and bodies, but the more important question of course… how much did it dig into our budget?! Our hope is to prove that as a couple, we can travel the world [...]
Well this is a little overdue…. I was hoping on getting this posted before we had left for the Camino de Santiago, but alas it didn’t work out. Regardless, below are all the spending details for the time from when we left Scotland (wow, that seems like ages ago) to the day before we began [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)