This morning I am looking out at the lush green mountain highlands just north of Boquete, Panama. I look straight down from my chair on the deck and I see the Caldera river flowing towards town. Peeking up, I see Volcan Baru, a dormant volcano and the country’s highest point at nearly 3,500 metres. Apparently [...]
Shawna’s Mom and Dad have always dreamed of owning a sail boat. Guy can often be seen hanging around the yacht clubs back home in BC, and Maureen can tie more sailor knots than Popeye. I have visions of these two spending their retirement sailing the world together (and I just hope they will take [...]
July 3rd, 2012. Our second anniversary. Now I know what you are thinking: “Didn’t you guys just celebrate your first anniversary like two weeks ago?” Well, yes, you are right… but that was our travel anniversary. 365 days on the road. That sort of thing. Today is the “Skott, do you take Shawna for better [...]
So it has been a wee while since we talked dollars and cents…or baht, or dirhams, or whatever currency we have been dabbling in most recently. Yikes, we haven’t posted anything since Vietnam and that was February!! But here we are again, time for a budgetary check-up and this round we are working with the [...]
From the very beginning of our RTW adventure we believed that when we had the opportunity to live in one place for awhile that time would slow down for us, but honestly our month+ here in San Pedro, Guatemala has past by quicker than any other. It isn’t supposed to work that way, is it? [...]
And just like that we were on a plane leaving Bangkok and the rest of the Asian continent behind. Saying goodbye to beaches, Bali, Buddhists, and banana pancakes was not an easy thing to do…. we have a ton of great memories from this part of the world, but for both Shawna and I, we [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)