Why didn’t anyone tell us that there are so many incredible cities in the good ole USA… we could have saved a lot of money on international flights if we just would have toured within the continent for the past 15 months. Okay, we probably still would have explored another country or two, but really… [...]
Today we have a story that begins with, “So we were riding elephants in Thailand…” and ends with Alex Trebek asking Shawna if we funded our RTW travel by selling drugs during a commercial break on Jeopardy! This is going to get weird. But I warn you… if you are not a nerdy, trivia-show-loving misfit [...]
We came to Cali, Colombia with one purpose in mind, and that was to learn to salsa. Except I am going to use the word “learn” very loosely. We recognized that as two awkward Caucasians utterly void of rhythm, this was going to be a challenge. Maybe a more appropriate verb would be ‘struggle’. Yes, [...]
Every once in awhile when you are travelling, you come into a situation that shouldn’t be shared with your parents back home, at least not until you are certain you have made it through the ordeal unscathed. For example, telling your folks that you have contracted malaria while you are currently dealing with the hallucinogenic [...]
Yes, I know what you are thinking… Whoa, whoa whoa…. what the heck are you guys doing in Costa Rica??? Aren’t you two supposed to be in Boquete, Panama experiencing the wonderful world of innsitting until mid-August? Well that was the plan… but as they have so many times over the past 13+ months, plans [...]
Chain letters, chain emails… you know them right? Pass this letter on to three of your friends or you will be cursed with eternal damnation…yada yada yada. Well this is sort of like that… call it a chain post, but within the travel blogging community. A few months ago, our friend Jill from Jack and [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)