It took her 285 days, but Shawna has finally come to her senses and decided to leave me behind in Thailand. At least for a little while… We have spent most of March exploring Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and the beaches of Southern Thailand with Shawna’s sister Carly, and her friend Marissa. From elephant rides to [...]
I really don’t think there is much else to add that the title of this post – it pretty much says it all! It was an awesome day on the Thai Island of Koh Phi Phi. Our afternoon was rigorous one – as the four of us went rock climbing, something none of us had [...]
Our post the other day on the Cambodian Genocide was a grim one for obvious reasons. It is a mind-numbing tragedy that cannot be overlooked when you travel through Phnom Penh, or anywhere in Cambodia. But, it is important to know that there is another side to the city. Today in Cambodia, despite the horrors [...]
On April 17, 1975, Cambodia emerged from five years of invasion, bombardment, and civil war when its capital, Phnom Penh, fell to the guerrilla armies known as the Khmer Rouge which had been besieging it since the beginning of the year. The city’s population included over one million refugees, driven from their homes in rural [...]
We finally make it to South East Asia…. backpacker paradise when it comes to living on the cheap, cheap, cheap! You can live in SEA for pennies a day (or so) – it is ridiculous!! But wait…. how is it then, that our average daily spend has actually gone up!??! It’s true, ever since Ghana [...]
Mom and Dad have now packed their bags and headed back to sunny Saskatchewan! It was an amazing four weeks full of adventures, and Shawna and I couldn’t have been happier that they came to spend their winter vacation with us. Here are a few reasons why: 1) A Different Perspective It took about a [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)