We’ve spent over a month in Vietnam, traipsing through this country from one end to the other and back again. During our time here we’ve seen some amazing sites, including Halong Bay and the Mekong Delta but we’ve also been lucky enough to simply observe everyday life. The more I’ve watched my neighbours in our [...]
The second we stepped on our train from Danang to Hanoi, that’s exactly what she was hoping we would do for her. Just end it quickly. You see, I had sold the ‘awesomeness of train travel’ pretty good to Mom and Dad. We had a 16-hour journey up to the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi, and [...]
Have you ever designed your own coat? Had every seam catered to the curve of your body…or leather shoes made from a print traced specifically around your foot, ready to wear within 24 hours!? I certainly can’t say that I have…but I could definitely get used to it after a trip to Hoi An! This [...]
Mom and Dad arrived after a day and a half of travel, entering straight into the madness that is Saigon. Taking the taxi back to the backpacker district, Pham Ngu Lao, I think they were really wondering what they had gotten themselves into. Sure there was no more ice and snow, but this didn’t mean [...]
The Easy Riders of Dalat are a group of motorcyclists/tour guides extraordinaire who take visitors to every corner of South Central Vietnam on the back of their bikes. Their home base is Dalat, a city 7 hours away from Ho Chi Minh City in the greater Central highlands. Dalat is a very popular tourist destination [...]
WOW! We finally made it…we are in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam!! And thus commences our tour of South East Asia. We are looking forward to the food, the drink, the people, the beaches, the cost-effectiveness, the pagodas, the buddhas, the shopping, but most importantly we are looking forward to our upcoming visitors! My [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)