I think one of the biggest worries for travellers is how to celebrate the holidays on the road (yes, I’m talking to YOU Christmas and New Years) without feeling like they are missing the traditions and routine that take place back home. We are no different. Searching for a place where we would be for [...]
Well, Skott and I are nearly ready for Christmas… We’ve trimmed the tree… Set the table for Christmas dinner… And invited all of our friends…. Okay, so I guess it’s going to be a little bit of a different holiday season this year! We’re trading snow for sand, minus 30 for plus, and snow shoes [...]
To catch you up really quickly, our three weeks in Tamale went by really fast! As you saw from our first Tamale post, our volunteer task at Creating Change Now was to paint a school in a small village called Tua. We fell in love with the kids there and it was almost impossible not [...]
Everybody in Ghana rides motorcycles…EVERYBODY… the old ladies, the young men….entire families can often be seen screeching around the streets of Tamale taking their lives in their own hands. Seriously, it can’t be that hard. And last week, I was hoping to confirm this. So I asked Jesse, our roommate, if he would give me-the [...]
In between our Dogon Country trekking in Mali and our first week of volunteering in Tamale, Ghana we spent four nights in Ouagdougou, Burkina Faso. We were here primarily for one reason; we needed to apply for visas to get into Ghana. I would like to say we did a ton while there, and of [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)