Shawna aka “Madam Paint-ah” on our Arrival We arrived in Tamale just after dark and immediately as we came into the city, it felt much bigger than what I remember when I was here 4 years ago. I noticed that there were more lights, more billboards and definitely more vehicles on the road. I felt [...]
When Shawna and I were planning what we could do with our shortened time in Mali, the number one thing we both wanted was to spend a few days trekking through Dogon Country and learning more about these amazing people. The story, as told to us by our guide, Hassimi, the jolliest man in Mali, [...]
After nearly a week of R&R in Bamako, staying at a very cool hostel, The Sleeping Camel, Shawna and I jumped on an “air-conditioned” (cough, cough) bus and took the 9 hour ride to Mopti, launchpad for Dogon country trekking and Niger River cruises. We did really want to get to Ghana as quickly as [...]
This is a long post, because this was a LONG trip…grab a drink because WOW did we need one when we got through this adventure!! The Background: Since loosely developing our itinerary for this RTW trip we have always planned to visit Ghana. It is special to us because I lived and worked there for [...]
Alright, so we have a decision to make….and we sure could use your help. Whether or not you were able to be a part of our wedding, 16 short months ago, you probably remember what a production we made about determining what our honeymoon location would be. Heck we even went on CBC radio to [...]
It was an amazing six and a half weeks, but sadly we had to move on, leaving Morocco and heading south. There is no doubt that we were overwhelmed by Morocco and its culture. The food, the mosques, the riads, the camels, and the Sahara…but the more important question is… Were we over budget? As [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)