July 22 – Bressanone to Trento, Italy (130kms!!!) We finally had a chance to leave a little earlier in the morning. 10:30 is hardly a sunrise start, but it did give us a chance to get a few more kms in. (“A few more”, turned out to be a slight understatement.) The first 50kms from [...]
July 21 – Brunico to Bressanone, Italy (44kms) We woke up early and stopped by a cafe before making our plans for the day. We were introduced to the best cappucinos we have ever tasted. Shawna’s tire was again flat (I was happy that I wasn’t the only incompetant tire changer), but the sun was [...]
July 20 – Lienz, Austria to Brunico, Italy (Distance cycled 73.2 kms*) “Today is not going to be good day for you,” said Emma, our 89-year old landlady for the past week, with her thick German accent. “Thanks for the curse, you witch”, I think to myself. It is the first day of our cycling [...]
Oh don’t worry…..we’re not dead. In fact nothing could be further from the truth….Shawna and I have been on the road for a month now, and we are both feeling pretty damm alive! We have finally got our travel legs about us (we think), and we are ready to ride! (quite literally, but more on [...]
Eight days!?! In one city??!! Unheard of…at least it was for us until this point. But we were very excited for our stay in this small Austrian city. Thanks Marlene for the incredible recommendation! The majority of our stay in Lienz was at the Falkner apartments on the south side of town. It was essentially [...]
Try to say it 3 times fast: Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein!!! There are probably not a lot of backpackers that can say they made Liechtenstein a part of their world tour…and that is exactly one of the reasons we decided to put it on our itinerary. A friend that I went to school with in Finland, [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)