As you read in our “So You Think You Can Dance” post, we headed to Cali, Colombia in search of a chance to learn how to salsa dance. The top pros in the world call Cali home so we figured that despite our 4 left feet…these guys must be able to help us out. And [...]
We came to Cali, Colombia with one purpose in mind, and that was to learn to salsa. Except I am going to use the word “learn” very loosely. We recognized that as two awkward Caucasians utterly void of rhythm, this was going to be a challenge. Maybe a more appropriate verb would be ‘struggle’. Yes, [...]
Without a doubt Cali, Colombia has completely blown us away. As some of you know, we are here learning how to salsa dance…and soon I hope to report that our moves are of the hot & spicy variety to which I’m referring to in this blog. However, we took a night off from trying to [...]
For me, Cartagena, Colombia is one of those cities that is just fun to wander around in without any kind of said destination. We spent our days in the Old City which is great for wandering because the colonial buildings are each so unique and colourful and you can’t really get lost (well, maybe Skott [...]
Every once in awhile when you are travelling, you come into a situation that shouldn’t be shared with your parents back home, at least not until you are certain you have made it through the ordeal unscathed. For example, telling your folks that you have contracted malaria while you are currently dealing with the hallucinogenic [...]
The slight downside to seeking out “Skottland“ was that in order to make our flights work for our next GUAG adventure in Colombia, we had to get on a bus at 4:30am to take the six hour trip from Golfito to San Jose…on my birthday : ( Ammends were promised to be made though with [...]
About Skott & Shawna
Recently married, we left Saskatchewan June 2011 on the Ultimate Honeymoon to explore this incredible globe! We are thrilled you can join us....
Want Email Updates?
- Missing Out On Madagascar? November 11, 2011
- Ladies Only May 4, 2011
- How To Travel The World For One Year And Stay Married For Two July 3, 2012
- 365 Days of Get Up and Globing! June 17, 2012
- Countries We’re Considering March 6, 2011
- What A Bunch Of Little Pricks! May 18, 2011
- Portland, Oregon: My Greatest City in America? November 18, 2012
- If You’re Going To San Francisco…. November 4, 2012
- Happy To Be Here… VERY Happy To Be Here September 25, 2012
- I’ll Take ‘Highlights Of My Life’ For $1,000 Please, Alex September 12, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why We Just Couldn’t Leave Cali, Colombia September 10, 2012
- So You Think You Can Dance August 24, 2012
- Skott and Shawna: One more reason to do another trip down there righ...
- Nick (theboywander): You had my attention at Arepas con queso, I'm obse...
- Skott and Shawna: Hey Brittany - sorry for the late response - feel ...
- Justin @ True Nomads: I Agree! I had to leave before I salsa-ed my self ...
- Spencer: I loved Portland! Not least because it took me to ...
- Brittany: I just bought some plantains and am trying to figu...
- November 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (8)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (8)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (11)
- July 2011 (13)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (5)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)